A description of what it is like to be me. In my head...in my world...what I think...what I do...how i poo...but never why...and never about pie...

Monday, May 16, 2005

red red wine

Friday nite i drank almost an entire bottle of wine by myself..i mean i wasn't alone or anything (how depressing would that be?!), but i drank the wine single handedly while at a engagement party for a friend. Why are all my friends engaged, or already married, or having kids? Why? The thing that bothers me about it isn't that its not me - it's that's all they talk about - and I am standing there, gulping my wine, having nothing to contribute. For example. Here is how the conversation goes...
mary: oh well when WE got engaged, and at our wedding we did this...
sloan: oh well our wedding was this way and we did this...
michelle: oh this is how he propsed, and blah blah blah...

emily standing to the side with a full glass of red wine, slurping away quietly in the corner with nothing to contribute, b/c.. well, what am I suppossed to chime in with....yeah last nite I went and saw this band play and the bartender knew me so he kept pouring me and my friend shots...and we ended up stumbling home...and she fell in the bushes and we were cracking up laughing so hard our sides hurt and then I fell in the bushes.....well, i think u see my point...
it just doesn't really flow into the conversation so well...
so i sit back and pour myself another glass....

mmmmm, i love red wine....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home