A description of what it is like to be me. In my head...in my world...what I think...what I do...how i poo...but never why...and never about pie...

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

John Denver is my drug of choice

Every morning on my way to work I drive thru the morningside neighborhood traffic circle. It seems that the other drivers on the road, which I would assume also go this same way every morning, MIGHT have been able to figure out the complex mysterious inner workings of this traffic circle. It isn't hard people, really, I promise - you just yield to traffic ALREADY in the circle, you don't just STOP ya friggin morons! GRRR!
And while we are on the subject of traffic...
HOw come every time there is a really extra stupid driver on the road doing something extra stupid like crossing 3 lanes of traffic to exit immediately, or switching back & forth lanes in a dangerous manner like there car has some sort of force field around it - every time I look to see what is causing this irresponsible and idiotic move it is either a taxi driver or a black woman. Now, I am NOT racist, let me just say this, but it's true - at least in my city. I implore you, if you are on the roads in Atlanta, take notice of who is making all the stupid moves I am sure you see every day 10 times a day...take notice of who is behind the wheel. My bro has a valiant explanation as to why and I agree. These woman are a product of reverse racism. I shit u not. They think that somehow, for some reason, they are "owed" something to them by society for all he pain and suffering that there great great great great great great grandfathers great great great great great grandfather had to endure back in the time of slavery. Well, I am sorry, but it wasn't ME so GET OVER IT. I have no problem with you or your color but I do have a problem with people who use lame excuses to act like assholes on the orad or otherwise. Okay, I feel much better now...

I have also decided that John Denver is my drug of choice. I went home yesterday...fuming. WHen i arrived I immediately stuck in the best of John Denver disc 1 and made my head right ;) and almost immediately I felt this great sense of release...I especially was drawn to Follow Me. Music has always helped me to define my feelings and has been therapeutic in helping me deal with otherwise unbearable situations. When Sunshine on my Shoulders came on I just let it all go and realized again that I am not in control and that everything works out in the end, if it hasn't worked out yet, it's not the end. My life is worth the livin’, I don’t need to see the end. There is something so comforting in his music and lyrics. NO FEAR. NO DOUBT. Everything will be allright.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chox said...

Take me home...

I-80...

To the place...

I belong...

San Francisco...

California...

Take me home...

Interstate 80...

10:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home