A description of what it is like to be me. In my head...in my world...what I think...what I do...how i poo...but never why...and never about pie...

Friday, November 12, 2004

Simple Plan made me feel old

So I went to the Masquerade last nite to see this band I like called Simple Plan. The problem is that I was about twice the age of most of the fans and at least 6 yrs older than the oldest guy in the band, who by the way, none of which were cute, or maybe they were too young for me to even consider. I saw 14 year olds singing along to songs I loved. Ugh. Note to self...never go to an all ages show ever again. What made it sink in even worse was that I retreated to the bar in back to relieve myself with a beer, and felt better standing back there when my friend turns to me and says, ya know, we are standing back here with all the parents... I flipped out b/c that is where I felt comfortable?! I had to get out of there. I was not there for 3 minutes and wondered if they would give me my money back. I haven't felt that out of place, or out of my element ever.
What made it even worse, was when the guitarist said he was going to play some "classic" rock and busted out with the opening rifff to Sweet Child O Mine. I almost had a heart attack.

To top it off, I have only $7 left in my bank account. WHERE DID ALL MY MONEY GO??!!
AND THEN...
I woke up at 4 am to my friend D IN my apt. Apparently she had been knocking for quite some time, but when I am sleeping, I am officially OUT. Well I kind of freaked out to someone knocking on my bedroom door and waking me out of a dead sleep. FIrst of all, I don't knnow who it is, secondly, I am naked, so I need to put clothes on ASAP so I can answer and thirdly, I for some reason thought it was my neighbor waking me up b/c I had slept too late. It was startling to say the least. Then I realized I only had 2 hrs left of precious sleep time in which I tossed in turned until my alarm went off and tried to sleep later, but I was half conscious the whole time.

Ugh. Happy Friday Everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home