A description of what it is like to be me. In my head...in my world...what I think...what I do...how i poo...but never why...and never about pie...

Sunday, March 11, 2007

The longest secret...

So get this. I just found out that 2 of my co-workers, whom I consider to be the people I am closest too in our office, that these 2 people have been dating for A YEAR and EVERYONE knew about it EXCEPT for me. EVERYONE was keeping it a secret from me to spare my feelings, b/c at one point many many moons ago I had a small office crush on the dude. This crush dissapated over a year ago when I realized that although this person is a great guy and a good friend, that him and I wouldn't be a good match romantically due to his OCD-ness. It would drive me crazy and would never work. Now, the chic involved is someone I had previously confided in about my supposed "secret" feelings for dude buddy. So while I appreciate their obvious concern for my feelings, A FUCKING YEAR!??? I mean shit, am I a fragile little glass bunny rabbit? I can't handle it or soemthing, I'm gonna blow up and flip out and go on a killing rampage? But what really chafes me is that EVERYONE knew except me. I feel deceived, duped, lied to, and stupid. I am just counting the days until someone says something to me along the lines of "I can't believe u didn't know...", Translation: "gosh, you must really be a dumbass!"

I just don't know what to think. It bothers me that they didn't come to me sooner, that's it really. How would you feel if everyone in your office (and we have about 17 people) knew something and was keeping it from you b/c they didn't think u could "handle it"?

Does anyone of the 3 people who read this have any advice or insight to this sort of situation? I would appreciate a multitude of perspectives as I am mentally wrestling with this amoung other issues going on around me right now...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frustrating situation - sounds like they had your best interest at heart but a bit dramatic to keep it from you for a year! As if you wouldn't find out eventually. Since you do have to work with these people though I suppose you could handle it by playing it cool - acknowledging their relationship now of course but not really offering much beyond that, or you could confront whomever had the idea of keeping it from you in the first place and discuss your feelings and unappreciation for the decision to keep you in the dark. Are these people friends too or just coworkers? Maybe that would help determine how far you want to take this or just let it go? People get weird sometimes with workplace romance - good luck!

12:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl friend, let it gooooo...... and wish them the very, very best. Empathy and compassion go a long way. Just think how awkward it must be for them to be making love to each other at night and sharing an office during the day. What will happen if they ever break up? They will still have to face each other in the office each day. Count your blessings and consider yourself the LUCKY one for not having gotten involved with your co-worker.

6:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think most people see office realtionships as something you just don't talk about. Could it be that you didn't notice because you didn't want to?

4:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home