A description of what it is like to be me. In my head...in my world...what I think...what I do...how i poo...but never why...and never about pie...

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Mmmmmm Nachos.......

I wanted to blog about this fabulous "healthy" nachos I just enjoyed for dinner...
But I'm going to do it in the style as if I was hosting my own cooking show...so bear with me.

First, I started with soy & flaxseed tortilla chips from Trader Joe's and laid them all out on a plate. (only 13 carbs & 6 g protein per 7 chips and lots of fiber) Then I melted some hot EL Bandirita queso in a ramekin (from Kroger) in the microwave. On the chips I sprinkled a combo of organic black beans, left over grilled chicken in small chunks, and some organic flaxseed tempeh I had stir fryed up in some EVOO & crushed red pepper and cajun spice from a couple nights ago. Before I melted the cheese, I opened an avocado and smashed it up real good, added some green tomatilla salsa verde. a couple drops of lime juice from one of those fake limes (one should always have a fake lime on hand - for drinks and what not) and a dash of salt with a pinch of cajun seasoning (also should always have this on hand as well, comes in very handy) Then I put a dollop of light sour cream and a healthy dollop of the homemade guac (much more than the friggin mexican restaurants ever give you, but they sure will charge you for the price of 2 whole avovcados for the 2 oz portion they serve ya! Cheap bastards!) ..and I sat down and enojyed my delicious food knowing that everything I was putting into my body was from somewhere good and healthy. (except for maybe the queso...but hey! Everything else was good so back off!)

This is Betty Blue signing off...stay classy Atlanta...
:)

I then drizzled that hot queso all over those chips and toppings and heaped a spoonful of light sour cream and homemade guac in the middle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home