A description of what it is like to be me. In my head...in my world...what I think...what I do...how i poo...but never why...and never about pie...

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Spandex Man Spotting

If you have ever lived in Atlanta you will know exactly who I am talking about. There is a man that stands on the corner of Briarcliff and Ponce usually at high traffic times like between the hours of 5-7 pm weekdays. This is no ordinary man. He is not waiting for a bus, he is not waiting to cross the street, he is just standing there with a cane in his hand, sometimes a wife beater, sometimes a t-shirt, but ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS does he wear white spandex. He is known to many simply as "spandex man" more graphicly visual people call him "purple nuts". If you look closely at the photos, you will notice the enormously large appendage that lies half way down his leg. It is so large it is unbelievable. UN-BEE-FRIGGIN-LEAVABLE. No one knows why he stands there. I would like to conduct an investigation and find out what or why he is. But then, that might takje the fun out of a spandex man spotting.
I was "fortunate" enough to spot him yesterday and have a camera handy (gotta love camera phones). So I am actually in my car trying to take a picture of this spectacle, without being too obvious of course, but then, I imagine lots of people take his picture. I even think he might have known I was trying to get a photo and walked a little closer. Disturbing? Yes. Hilarious? Oh helll yes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T7906jecSTI&feature=related

1:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home