A description of what it is like to be me. In my head...in my world...what I think...what I do...how i poo...but never why...and never about pie...

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

How would YOU feel if...

I don't know what to do...
Over 3 months ago I booked the Rockin Pontoons at the Gram Parsons Guitar Pull & Tribute Festival at the Okeefenokee Fairgrounds in Waycross, GA.

The entire band has known about the gig for months. Known where it is, when it is, all that jazz...
YESTERDAY, I am informed by the guitar player that he didn't realize it was so far and that he doesn't really want to do it...and the drummer who has "plans with his wife" on Sunday.

I AM SORRY, BUT DID U MAKE PLANS WITH YOUR WIFE 4 MONTHS AGO?
I AM SORRY, BUT DID EITHER OF YOU NOT REALIZE WHERE/HOW FAR THIS GIG WAS 4 MONTHS AGO? 4 MONTHS AGO I WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE WITH NOT WANTING TO DO IT, 4 MONTHS AGO I COULD HAVE TOL THE TALENT BUYER THAT NO WE WON'T/CAN'T MAKE IT. BUT 4 DAYS BEFORE THE F'NG CONCERT?!?!??!

A gig, is a gig, is a gig. I realize it is a long ways to drive for a short set, but they are putting us up for the night, and we'll play in front of at least 600 people - which is about 580 more than we've been playing too lately. 600 people will hear and discover the Rockin Pontoons, AND it looks great on your "band resume" to play festivals in general.

I am just so disappointed. Where's the level of commitment? What's better for the band? Well, do you wanna save 100 bucks on gas or do you want to play? Money isn't everything and if you're not willing to commit, then what the heck am I doing? I can't be a part of this anymore if this is howe it's going to be, I don't see why I should...
I quit my 50k/yr job to do THIS and they're gonna bail last minute?

HORSE MANURE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home